Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Chunks bitten off

Successfully bit off the chunks I wanted from the project - bit processing and masking (77 & 78). Wanted these for two reasons:
- First: The bit processing is more low level code than the high level code/concepts that will be documented throughout a lot of the rest of the book, and its similar to the area I have most experience in.
- Second: The mask work is something I haven't dealt with before, and as such will push me out of my comfort zone. It will deal with more sophisticated errors of image processing than I have seen to date, and will give me a good background in newer methodologies.

I'm looking forward to getting started on the project. Waiting patiently for the book token now to get a hold of the Greenberg text. I've started playing with the IDE and its pretty cool, looks like you can get a lot of advanced functionality for free, wondering now if there are similar (or the same) plugins for something for Eclipse, which would open things up even more...

Interesting....

1 comment:

Barry said...

Hi Darragh,

I notice that you are doing chunk 77 - bits. I am doing chunk 55 - polynomials. In my introduction I forward reference to your section. You may wish to read this, and then reference it from your text, as I have pottentially saved you some explaining. This is only a first draft, so I am happy to make minor changes that improve both our sections, and the rest of the book.

Regards,

Barry